Tuesday, February 11, 2014

So much is happening

Since my last blog a lot has happened. They came and poured the concrete. and we put our own little signature in it. I couldn't resist.




On Saturday I went and got some really cool knobs at hobby lobby. The dresser that we are using for the stations has 5 knobs on it. So each knob will be different.


The framer came and put up the new hall way in the back room and also a fake wall in the back room to hide all of the pipes and electrical. 


We found the mirrors for the salon. Each one will be different. We found them at a really cool antique store near my house. The averaged $50 each. Which is much less than buying them all new and they will really add color and character to the salon. Here are two of them.


 

This week has been challenging and it's only Tuesday. I thought I would have issues with the contractors. I was expecting them to go over budget or not show up or something other crazy stuff. They have been a dream compared to getting utilities and internet turned on. In the past few days we have switched internet and security providers after having set up full accounts because they are dishonest or just plain stupid. It's amazing that some of these businesses stay open with the way they treat their clients. The weather is going to hold us up yet again but I can't say that I'm complaining. We probably need a day where we can't physically get to the new salon so we can rest. Everything can wait a few days while we recharge. I know that the weather isn't all about me but sometimes I wonder how a snow day keeps popping up when I'm at the end of my rope and need a day off from the world. This week should be interesting. I'm assuming the contractors will be done by the end of next week. Then it's our turn. Clean! Put furniture together! Make the big move!