Thursday, February 6, 2014

Progress




The chairs and shampoo bowls have arrived!!! These big guys are the shampoo bowls. They came already assembled which is great for us because I wouldn't even know where to begin. So then the plumber was able to come in and do this...


That's the new home for the shampoo bowls. The pipes have been placed and hopefully it passes inspection tomorrow so the concrete can be poured on top of it. 


The electrician has been busy. He moved all of the lights today. So now they look like this...


The lights run the length of the wall now and hang just above the stations. That purple wall will go away tomorrow. The painting is almost done. Thanks to my other half for that. 


Things are really falling into place. I'm guess that this last little bit is going to fly by. I didn't realize we would be out of the gate and running. We signed our lease not that long ago and there is already light at the end of the tunnel with this build out. It's all perfect timing because my current working situation is starting to deteriorate faster and faster. It's like running out of a burning building. 
    I had a moment today. I was alone in the salon after all the contractors had gone home. I think it finally hit me that this is real and it's not just living inside of my head anymore. This is really happening. I imagined that the shampoo bowls would go in a certain place and that's where they are going. I imagined the walls being a certain color and that's what they are being painted. I am very grateful that everyone is trusting my decisions with most things. I can't tell you how long I've been building this salon in my mind. And now I'm actually building it with my hands. It's crazy. Absolutely crazy. Months ago I was dragging my other half to look at salon chairs and dressers and paint colors and appliances and couches for napping. I felt the look of resistance but my other half always goes with the flow. I asked today if it was all worth it. Would you rather be looking at chairs and picking out the details while organizing contractors and permits and keeping the darn back door closed because the heat is on? My other half replied... "Now I see why we did it all so early."
I win!!! Some day my orange binder full of magical ideas will sell on ebay for millions.